Possible photos for Norman Book
Here are some possible photos for the US Chapter. Note that these
are intended for editorial/layout use only, I'll send prints. Note
also that many of the older ones are copy negatives from rather small
and battered originals. Many of the originals were contact prints
from Catherine Coleman's photographs, which she developed and printed
herself. Most scans are same size as prints if monitor is set to
- *US Ch Wee Laird o'Downfield
(import) with son, Anahassitt's Ane Wee Laird. Negative 31,
picture area 2" x 2 1/2 inches
- **Mrs. Dreer with import Ch Bodachan
of Clerwood and homebred Ch Gigolo of Anahassitt, who took Best of
Breed at the second ASSA National Specialty show, in 1934. Print,
4" by 5".
- *US Ch Ashbank Fairy (import)
- **US Ch Dancing Master of
Anahassitt (import) 1 8 x 10 print of both photos.
- *Benched show at Devon, showing a
number of the Page's Hill and Sheltieland imports. Overall print
is 8" x 10", but only the corner of interest is scanned.
- **US Ch Peabody Pan (import) 4"x5"
print, have negative but 4x5 is already pushing the enlargement.
- **US Ch Merrymaker of Pocono ROM
Scan from the print I am sending.
- *US Ch Bil-Bo-Dot Blue Flag of Pocono
ROM 5x7 print of vertical format image
- *US Ch Mountaineer o'Page's Hill
ROM scan of print
- **US Ch Larkspur of Pocono CDX ROM
print scanned at 72 ppi
- **Three early Pocono dogs, left to
right US Ch Autumn Leaf of Pocono, Artful Dodger of Anahassitt,
and import Peabody Silver Phantasy. Most US merles trace in direct
merle line to Phantasy. 4" x 5" print
- **US Ch Timberidge Temptation
ROM (several poses) 4 x 5" print of each
- **US Ch Sheltieland Kiltie o' Sea
Isle (left) with mate US Ch Sea Isle Summer Breeze (right) and
daughter US Ch Sea Isle Sandra(center) . Sandra, bred to Note,
produced the dam of US Ch Sea Isle Serenade. Print.
- **US Ch Nashcrest Golden Note ROM 3
1/2 by 4 1/2 print
- **US Ch Sea Isle Serenade ROM 3
1/2 x 4 1/2 print
- US Ch Halstors Peter Pumpkin ROM (Tom Coen will send a print)
- US/Can Ch Banchory High Born ROM (Guy Mauldin will send a
black and white - says color photos weren't common then, and he
feels this is the best shot he has.)
- US Ch Sunnybrook's Heritage Spirit ROM (Robin Catstaldi will
send a photo of this dog)
- US Ch Romayne's Sportin' Life ROM (The
Danforths will send a photo directly.)
- US Ch Macdega The Piano Man ROM (Tom Coen will send a print)
- Banchory Reflection ROM (Tom Coen will send a print - use the
one from him.)
- US Ch Lingard Sealect Bruce - I hope Jean Simmonds will send a
color photo of the painting she did - not solid yet.
- US Ch Banchory Formal Notice ROM - The photographer is
willing, but has to check if she has a print of reasonable size.
Could be a little late. This will be the photo that was used on
the cover of the Sheltie Pacesetter Jan/Feb 1980.
- US Ch Macdega GlenhartGrand Prix ROM (Tom Coen will send)
- *US Ch Sundowner Mr. Bojangles CD ROM - need to find owner and
get permission to use - I will send a b/w print..
- US Ch Cherden Sock It To 'Em ROM (Cheryl will send directly;
the one I have is as a very young dog.)
- US Ch Diamond's Robert Bruce ROM (I asked Cheryl to send a
photo Christmas card of this dog and also asked Jean Simmonds if
she would send a photo of the painting she did.)
- US Ch
Lynnlea's Playing With Fire, the Winners Bitch and best of
winners at the 1998 ASSA National Specialty show - I have color
print, snapshot size and owner is delighted to have you use.
- US Ch Dundee Nightline 1998 ASSA Best of Breed (have e-mailed
owner and can probably get - she's already said she'd send me a
photo for his web page. ASSA Specialty photos this year were very
slow getting out from the photographer.
- US Ch Cindahope Golden Girl Best of
Breed at the National last year from the veterans class (she was
almost 12 years old.) I'll get owner to send print.
- Obedience - dog is Ch Lanbur Good
Times Murph UDT
- Possible agility shot - blue-headed
white learning the teeter-totter
- Possible Agility shots - tire
- Possible Sheltie catching a frisbee - haven't seen yet
- I haven't seen them yet, but I also have an offer of a herding
Sheltie and several other agility obstacles: "one of a sable
coming out of the tunnel head on that'squite nice (very sunny day,
made the colors on the dog and the yellow tunnel look great); a
nice tire jump and bar jump (both sables), and I think some nice
weave pole shots too though I can' t picture them as well. Contact
obstacles I didn't have as good a shot at so I don't remember any
really good ones. All shot with telephoto lens so pretty close and
would enlarge well if needed"
- Tracking dog
- Freestyle obedience (dancing with